Decentralized Identity standards are emerging and at varying levels of maturity. Nonetheless, these standards are important to Verite's design principles.
To navigate this, the following specifications and libraries were selected for their promise of broad adoption and interoperability. This list isn’t intended to be exclusive; support for additional standards may be added in the future.
Verite uses additional simplifications that remove the requirement for implementers to fully implement the referenced specifications. The flows and message structures described in our documentation suffice for implementers.
- W3C Verifiable Credentials Data Model
- W3C Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v1.0
- DIF Presentation Exchange
- DIF Credential Manifest
- W3C Credential Status 2021
- W3C did:key Method
- W3C did:web Method
- DIF Wallet and Credential Interactions
- IETF Multiformats Multibase
- IETF Multiformats Multicodec
Updated about 1 month ago