Circle APIs - An Overview
Use our APIs to connect to banks and digital wallets and enable global payments, via USDC.
What would you like to do?
Accept global payments
Make payouts easily
Manage account balances
Three APIs, one core functionality
Our three API suites (Payments, Payouts, and Accounts) share a core functionality, making it easy to manage your Circle Account in a programmatic way.
Use your Circle Account to deposit traditional money from 80+ countries, then seamlessly convert it into USDC's "digital currency dollars.". You can also use USDC for everyday payments and treasury flows.
This core set of APIs allow you to:
- Transfer digital currency (USDC) in and out of your Circle Account.
- Register your business bank accounts, if any.
- Transfer funds to or from your business bank account, seamlessly converting them between digital currency and traditional fiat.
➡ Learn more about Circle's core API functionality.
➡ Read the quickstart guide on sending account funds externally.
Circle Payments API
The Circle Payments API allows you to accept payments from customers via traditional sources (debit/credit cards, bank accounts, etc.) and have them automatically converted to USDC. If your customers already have funds in USDC, this API lets you take on-chain payments on supported blockchains.
With the Circle Payments API you can:
- Accept card and bank transfer payments for goods or services on your commerce app or website.
- Build a credit/debit card or bank-transfer on-ramp for your crypto exchange.
- Accept card or bank transfer deposits for your savings, lending, investing, or P2P payments product.
- Take USDC payments directly through on-chain transfers.
- Support customers worldwide.
➡ Learn more about the Circle Payments API.
➡ Read the quick start guide to card payments.
➡ Read the quick start guide on processing payments notifications.
Circle Payouts API
The Circle Payouts API allows you to send payouts to customers, vendors, or suppliers directly via crypto payouts.
Fund payouts in USDC using your Circle Account, which can receive deposits from both traditional and blockchain payment rails.
➡ Learn more about the Circle Payouts API.
➡ Read the quickstart guide on issuing payouts.
Circle Accounts API
The Circle Accounts API allows you to easily create and manage accounts and balances for your customers. Use it to execute transfers of funds across accounts, which can be within the Circle platform or outside of it, thanks to on-chain USDC connectivity.
Our API eliminates the complexity usually associated with custody and security of digital assets, blockchain address management, and transaction fees.
With the Circle Accounts API you can:
- Embed US Dollar-denominated accounts into your product or service without the hassle of legacy bank account structures.
- Manage multi-asset accounts infrastructures for your customers that offer seamless fund transfers, including hosted accounts and on-chain USDC connectivity.
- Accept USDC deposits with minimum cost and no exposure to reversals.
- Support BTC and ETH balances in addition to USDC.
- Manage customer accounts across 150+ countries
- Benefit from Circle's extensive experience supporting over 10 million digital account customers, $5B in digital asset custody, and hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions.
➡ Learn more about the Circle Accounts API.
➡ Read the quickstart guide on sending funds externally.
➡ Read the quickstart guide on receiving external funds.
➡ Read the quickstart guide on swapping USDC across blockchains.
Ready for the next step?
After experimenting with our APIs, you’ll want to start building test integrations in sandbox prior to moving into production. Start by applying for a Circle Account. We'll be happy to walk you through the next steps.
Updated 22 days ago