Accept global payments
Flexible, programmatic payouts
Each of Circle's three powerful API suites (Payments, Payouts, and Accounts) shares a common set of core functionality that allows businesses to manage their own Circle Account in a programmatic way.
With a Circle Account your business can deposit traditional money from 80+ countries and seamlessly convert them into "digital currency dollars": USDC. You can then use USDC for everyday payments and treasury flows.
This core set of APIs allow you to:
- Transfer digital currency (USDC) in and out of your Circle Account.
- Register your own business bank accounts - if you have them.
- Make transfers from / to your business bank account while seamlessly converting those funds across digital currency and traditional fiat.
The Circle Payments API allows you to take payments from your end users via traditional methods such as debit & credit cards, bank accounts, etc., and receive settlement in USDC. Businesses with users already holding USDC are also able to take on-chain payments on supported blockchains.
The Circle Payments API has been designed with any business or internet commerce in mind, and it's based on Circle's extensive experience processing millions of card payments since 2014.
With the Circle Payments API you can:
- Take card and bank transfer payments for goods or services on your commerce app or website.
- Build a credit & debit card or bank transfer on-ramp for your crypto exchange.
- Take card or bank transfer deposits for your savings, lending, investing or P2P payments product.
- Take USDC payments directly through on-chain transfers.
All of that for customers across multiple countries. Very soon, the Circle Payments API will also support other payments rails such as ACH.
The Circle Payouts API allows you to issue payouts to your customers, vendors, or suppliers in a variety of ways:
- Bank wires
- On-chain USDC transfers
- ACH (coming soon)
Payouts are funded with your USDC denominated Circle Account, which can receive deposits from both traditional and blockchain payment rails.
The Circle Accounts API allows you to easily create and manage accounts and balances for your customers, and execute transfers of funds across accounts - whether they are within the Circle platform, or in / out of the platform via on-chain USDC connectivity.
Our APIs abstract the complexity inherent to custody and security of digital assets, as well as blockchain address management and transaction fees.
With the Circle Accounts API you can:
- Embed US Dollar denominated accounts into your product or service without dealing with the complexity of legacy bank account structures.
- Manage a multi-asset accounts infrastructure for your customers including seamless transfer of funds, across hosted accounts or via on-chain USDC connectivity.
- Accept USDC deposits with minimum cost and no exposure to reversals.
- Support BTC and ETH balances in addition to USDC.
All of that for customers across 150+ countries, and based on Circle's extensive experience supporting over 10 million digital accounts customers, $5B in digital asset custody and hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions.
➡ Learn more about the Circle Accounts API.
➡ Read the quick start guide on sending funds externally.
➡ Read the quick start guide on receiving external funds.
➡ Read the quick start guide on swapping USDC across blockchains.
If you are in advanced stages of experimenting with our APIs and want to plan moving to production, start by applying for a Circle Account and subsequently reach out to sales. We'll be happy to walk you through to the next steps.
We can't wait to see what you are going to build!
Updated 6 months ago
|Getting Started with Circle APIs|
|Core API Functionality|
|Getting Started with the Payments API|
|Getting Started with the Payouts API|
|Getting Started with the Accounts API|