Accept global payments
Flexible, programmatic payouts
Powerful digital dollar accounts
Each of Circle's four powerful API suites (Payments, Payouts, Digital Dollar Accounts, and Marketplaces) shares a common set of core functionality that allows businesses to manage their own Circle Account in a programmatic way.
With a Circle Account your business can deposit traditional money from 80+ countries and seamlessly convert them into "digital currency dollars": USDC. You can then use USDC for everyday payments and treasury flows.
This core set of APIs allow you to:
- Transfer digital currency (USDC) in and out of your Circle Account.
- Register your own business bank accounts - if you have them.
- Make transfers from / to your business bank account while seamlessly converting those funds across digital currency and traditional fiat.
The Circle Payments API allows you to take payments from your end users via traditional methods such as debit & credit cards, bank accounts, etc., and receive settlement in USDC. Businesses with users already holding USDC are also able to take on-chain payments on supported blockchains.
The Circle Payments API has been designed with any business or internet commerce in mind, and it's based on Circle's extensive experience processing millions of card payments since 2014.
With the Circle Payments API you can:
- Take card and bank transfer payments for goods or services on your commerce app or website.
- Build a credit & debit card or bank transfer on-ramp for your crypto exchange.
- Take card or bank transfer deposits for your savings, lending, investing or P2P payments product.
- Take USDC payments directly through on-chain transfers.
All of that for customers across multiple countries. Very soon, the Circle Payments API will also support other payments rails such as ACH.
The Circle Payouts API allows you to issue payouts to your customers, vendors, or suppliers in a variety of ways:
- Bank wires
- On-chain USDC transfers
- ACH (coming soon)
Payouts are funded with your USDC denominated Circle Account, which can receive deposits from both traditional and blockchain payment rails.
The Circle Digital Dollar Accounts API allows you to easily create and manage accounts and balances for your customers, and execute transfers of funds across accounts - whether they are within the Circle platform, or in / out of the platform via on-chain USDC connectivity.
Our APIs abstract the complexity inherent to custody and security of digital assets, as well as blockchain address management and transaction fees.
With the Circle Digital Dollar Accounts API you can:
- Embed US Dollar denominated accounts into your product or service without dealing with the complexity of legacy bank account structures.
- Manage a digital dollar accounts infrastructure for your customers including seamless transfer of funds, across hosted accounts or via on-chain USDC connectivity.
- Accept USDC deposits with minimum cost and no exposure to reversals.
All of that for customers across 150+ countries, and based on Circle's extensive experience supporting over 10 million digital accounts customers, $5B in digital asset custody and hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions.
➡ Learn more about the Circle Digital Dollar Accounts API.
➡ Read the quick start guide on sending funds externally.
➡ Read the quick start guide on receiving external funds.
➡ Read the quick start guide on swapping USDC across blockchains.
The Circle Marketplaces API allows you to process payments and manage users' balances for marketplaces and multi-sided platforms, whether those are e-commerce markets, gig and sharing economy services, markets for digital goods and content, etc.
Operators of marketplaces and multi-sided platforms typically have more sophisticated requirements when it comes to payments and commerce, given the more complex transactions across buyers and sellers.
With the Circle Marketplaces API you can:
- Accept card payments from marketplace buyers and settle funds with any seller on the platform.
- Seamlessly utilize buyer payment details across all sellers on the marketplace.
- Build USDC payments directly into multi-sided platform flows.
- Manage a complex digital account infrastructure to represent transactions across marketplace participants.
Very soon you will also be able to initiate payouts from account balances to traditional payment methods around the world, so that sellers and suppliers in your marketplace can have the choice of getting paid quickly in digital currency or locally on their bank account.
If you are in advanced stages of experimenting with our APIs and want to plan moving to production, start by applying for a Circle Account and subsequently reach out to sales. We'll be happy to walk you through to the next steps.
We can't wait to see what you are going to build!
Updated about a month ago
|Getting Started with Circle APIs|
|Core API Functionality|
|Getting Started with the Payments API|
|Getting Started with the Payouts API|
|Getting Started with the Digital Dollar Accounts API|
|Getting Started with the Marketplaces API|