Accept traditional payments
Embed digital wallets
The Circle Payments API allows you to take payments from your end users via traditional methods such as debit & credit cards, bank accounts, etc., and receive settlement in USDC.
The Circle Payments API has been designed with any business or internet commerce in mind, and it's based on Circle's extensive experience processing millions of card payments since 2014.
With the Circle Payments API you can:
- Take card and bank transfer payments for goods or services on your commerce app or website.
- Build a credit & debit card or bank transfer on-ramp for your crypto exchange.
- Take card or bank transfer deposits for your savings, lending, investing or P2P payments product.
- Issue payouts to your end users' bank accounts.
All of that for customers across multiple countries. Very soon, the Circle Payments API will also support other payments rails such as ACH, and for both payments and payouts.
➡ Learn more about the Circle Payments API.
➡ Read the quick start guide to card payments.
➡ Read the quick start guide on processing payments notifications.
➡ Read the quick start guide on issuing payouts.
The Circle Wallets API allows you to easily host digital wallets for your customers, and manage transfers of funds across those wallets - whether they are within the Circle platform, or in / out of the platform via on-chain USDC connectivity.
Our APIs abstract the complexity inherent to custody and security of digital assets, as well as blockchain address management and transaction fees.
With the Circle Wallets API you can:
- Embed US Dollar denominated digital wallets into your product or service without dealing with the complexity of legacy bank account structures.
- Manage a digital wallet infrastructure for your customers including seamless transfer of funds, across hosted wallets or via on-chain USDC connectivity.
- Accept USDC payments with minimum cost and no exposure to reversals.
All of that for customers across 150+ countries, and based on Circle's extensive experience supporting over 10 million digital wallet customers, $5B in digital asset custody and hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions.
➡ Learn more about the Circle Wallets API.
➡ Read the quick start guide on sending funds externally.
➡ Read the quick start guide on receiving external funds.
➡ Read the quick start guide on swapping USDC across blockchains.
The Circle Marketplaces API allows you to process payments and manage a digital wallet infrastructure for marketplaces and multi-sided platforms, whether those are e-commerce markets, gig and sharing economy services, markets for digital goods and content, etc.
Operators of marketplaces and multi-sided platforms typically have more sophisticated requirements when it comes to payments and commerce, given the more complex transactions across buyers and sellers.
With the Circle Marketplaces API you can:
- Accept card payments from marketplace buyers and settle funds with any seller on the platform.
- Seamlessly utilize buyer payment details across all sellers on the marketplace.
- Build USDC payments directly into multi-sided platform flows.
- Manage a complex digital wallet infrastructure to represent transactions across marketplace participants.
Very soon you will also be able to initiate payouts from digital wallet balances to traditional payment methods around the world, so that sellers and suppliers in your marketplace can have the choice of getting paid quickly in digital currency or locally on their bank account.
The Circle Business Accounts API allows you to manage your own Circle Business Account in a programmatic way.
With a Circle Business Account your business can deposit traditional money from 80+ countries and seamlessly convert them into "digital currency dollars": USDC. You can then use USDC for everyday payments and treasury flows.
With the Circle Business Accounts API you can:
- Transfer digital currency (USDC) in and out of your business account.
- Register your own business bank accounts - if you have them.
- Make transfers from / to your business bank account while seamlessly converting those funds across digital currency and traditional fiat.
If you are in advanced stages of experimenting with our APIs and want to plan moving to production, start by applying for a business account and subsequently reach out to sales. We'll be happy to walk you through to the next steps.
We can't wait to see what you are going to build!
Updated about a month ago