The Circle Payments API allows you to take payments from your end users via traditional methods such as debit & credit cards, bank accounts, etc., and receive settlement in USDC.
The Circle Payments API has been designed with any business or internet commerce in mind, not just crypto applications, and it's based on Circle's extensive experience processing millions of card payments since 2014.
With the Circle Payments API you can:
- Take card payments for goods or services on your commerce app or website.
- Build a credit & debit card on-ramp for your crypto exchange.
- Take card deposits for your savings, lending, investing or P2P payments product.
All of that for customers across 150+ countries. Very soon, the Circle Payments API will also support other payments rails such as ACH and wire transfers, and not only for payments but also for payouts.
There are two basic ways to get started with the Circle Payments API.
Alternatively, you can look into how accepting card payments works in more detail, and take your time along every step of the way.
Once you are done getting started, don't forget to check some more details such as:
- Supported payment methods;
- Supported countries;
- Supported currencies;
- Minimum / maximum payment amounts and limits;
- Note on idempotent requests.
Updated 15 days ago