The Circle Payments API allows you to take payments from your end users via traditional methods such as debit & credit cards, bank accounts, etc., and receive settlement in USDC.
The Circle Payments API has been designed with any business or internet commerce in mind, not just crypto applications, and it's based on Circle's extensive experience processing millions of card payments since 2014.
With the Circle Payments API you can:
- Take card and bank transfer payments for goods or services on your commerce app or website.
- Build a credit & debit card or bank transfer on-ramp for your crypto exchange.
- Take card or bank transfer deposits for your savings, lending, investing or P2P payments product.
- Issue payouts to your end users' bank accounts.
All of that for customers across multiple countries. Very soon, the Circle Payments API will also support other payments rails such as ACH, and for both payments and payouts.
There are three basic ways to get started with the Circle Payments API.
2⃣ You can look into how accepting card payments works in more detail, and take your time along every step of the way.
Once you are done getting started, don't forget to check some more details such as:
- Supported payment methods;
- Supported countries;
- Supported currencies;
- Minimum / maximum payment amounts and limits;
- Note on idempotent requests.
If you are in advanced stages of experimenting with our APIs and want to plan moving to production, start by applying for a Circle Account and subsequently reach out to sales. We'll be happy to walk you through to the next steps.
We can't wait to see what you are going to build!
Updated about a month ago