Before issuing credentials, you will need to following at minimum.
- Deciding what types of credentials to issue, and their schemas
- Verite includes a few representative schemas, such as proof of KYC and chain address ownership.
- See Recommendations for Credential Schema Design.
- Decide what type of issuing identifier method (e.g., DID method) you want to use.
- In order for verifiers to verify credentials, they must be able to determine your authorized signing keys.
- If you are using a DID method, you will need to ensure you are signing credentials with keys resolvable from the DID.
- See Identifier Methods for factors in this decision.
- Allow users and credential wallets to discover how to interact with you as an issuer
- In the flows described here, this starts with a QR code or deep link that the user opens from their credential wallet
- The flow should enable the wallet to discover metadata about how to request and receive the credential
- Verite uses DIF Credential Manifest for this purpose. It allows an issuer to describe what sort of credentials they issue, prerequisites for issuance, and output schemas
Updated 4 months ago