The Circle Developer account allows you to manage your use of Circle’s Web3 Services, such as your Programmable Wallets activity.
Video Tutorial: Walkthrough of the Developer Dashboard
Watch this video to learn how to sign up for a developer account and familiarize yourself with the Circle's developer dashboard.
Sign up for the Circle Developer dashboard here: console.circle.com/signup.
Within the Circle Developer account, you can create and update API Keys, subscribe for activity notifications, view your API logs, and more! Anyone can sign up for a Circle Developer account within minutes. All you need is your name, email, and password!
To learn more about Circle’s API keys and authentication, refer to the guide on API Keys & Authentication.
Using the steps below, you can create and register an API key from the Circle Developer account.
Sign up with your email address at: console.circle.com/signup
Navigate to API Keys from the left sidebar and click CREATE A KEY.
Enter the name of your API Key and choose the type of API Key you want to create:
Standard: Permits the API key read/write to all APIs. This will also include access to newly introduced APIs.
Restricted Access: The API keys can be restricted to control their usage and access privileges based on specific Products/Services. When opting for restricted API keys, you can customize the permissions associated with each key as follows:
Select the Product/Service for which the key will have permission:
Furthermore, you can define the specific permissions for each product/service assigned to the API key:
- No permission: The API key will not have the ability to invoke any APIs for the specified Product/Service.
- Read: The API key will be granted access to read-only GET endpoints for the specified Product/Service.
- Read/Write: The API key will have full access to all endpoints, enabling both reading and writing operations for the specified Product/Service.
Tip: You may also want to add your IP address(es) or range(s) to the IP ALLOW LIST to increase security.
- You will receive confirmation that your API key has been generated.
- You can click SHOW to see the API key details.
You’re ready to start using your Web3 Services API key!
Updated about 1 month ago