A policy is your configuration on a blockchain network for using Circle’s managed Paymaster i.e. Gas Station. You must set up a Paymaster policy to use the Gas Station on Mainnet. Here, you will configure what you are willing to sponsor on behalf of your users. Circle’s Paymaster will pay the fees if a transaction meets your configuration.
To activate a Mainnet Policy, follow these steps:
- Access the Paymaster policy page: Using your credentials, log in to the developer console. Toggle to Mainnet [top left corner]. From there, navigate to the Gas Station Paymaster section, which allows you to manage your gas fee sponsorship policies efficiently.
- Choose to create or select a policy: If you do not have a Mainnet Policy yet, select the option to create a new policy. Alternatively, if you already have an existing policy, choose the desired policy from the available list.
- Configure policy settings: Set the desired configurations for your policy based on your specific needs. Refer to the list of configurations provided below for clarity on available options.
- Update or create the policy: At the bottom of the page, after applying the necessary configurations, choose either the "Update" or "Create" button. "Update" should be selected if you modify an existing policy, whereas "Create" is appropriate for a new policy.
- Activate the policy: After confirming your chosen policy configurations, proceed to the top right corner of the page and select the "Activate" button. This final step confirms your intention to enable the selected policy and initiate gas fee sponsorship according to the specified settings.
A policy consists of the following configurations:
- Network: Refers to the specific blockchain network where the Paymaster will cover gas fees. Each policy supports only one blockchain network, ensuring clarity and ease of management.
- Maximum spend per day* (optional): Specify the maximum allowance for gas fees in USD that you are willing to sponsor within a 24-hour period. This restriction provides control over the allocated budget for gas fee sponsorship.
- Maximum spend per transaction* (optional): The maximum allowance for gas fees in USD that you are willing to sponsor for a single transaction.
- Maximum operations per day* (optional): The maximum number of supported operations (such as transactions) per day.
- Blocked addresses (optional): A configurable list of blockchain addresses that will not receive sponsored gas fees. This feature allows you to exclude specific addresses from benefiting from gas fee coverage.
*Daily limits reset once every 24 hours at 0:00 UTC.
By leveraging these configurations within a policy, you can fine-tune the gas fee sponsorship parameters to your specific requirements and financial considerations. Note that any limits left blank will not be applied.
If you need to deactivate the Mainnet policy at any given time, it can be done conveniently from the developer console. To deactivate the Mainnet policy, follow these simple steps:
- Select the Mainnet policy: Access the console and locate the intended Mainnet policy that you wish to deactivate. This can be found in the Paymaster policy management section.
- Click on the deactivate option: Once you have identified the Mainnet policy, click on the "deactivate" button in the console interface's top right corner. This action triggers the deactivation process.
- Confirm the deactivation: A pop-up modal will appear after clicking the deactivate option. Select the deactivate button within the modal to confirm your intention to deactivate the Mainnet policy.
CAUTION: Deactivating a policy will stop all Mainnet transaction sponsorships and end-users wallet transactions will be rejected effectively unusable.
By following these steps, you can easily deactivate the Mainnet policy, granting you control and flexibility over the gas fee sponsorship within your application.
When it comes to using Gas Station on Testnets, the setup process is hassle-free. Circle takes care of the initial configuration by automatically generating a default policy upon signing up for an account. This default policy is specially designed for developers leveraging Programmable Wallets during the testing phase. With this default policy in place, you can seamlessly sponsor Testnet tokens while building your applications.
It's important to note the gas fee sponsorship limits applicable for different Testnet networks:
- Polygon Mumbai: The daily limit for sponsoring Testnet tokens is 0.5 MATIC.
- Ethereum Goerli: The daily limit for sponsoring Testnet tokens is 0.02 ETH.
To monitor and analyze these gas sponsorship transactions, we provide a dashboard and APIs.
To view gas-sponsored transactions in Testnet or Mainnet:
- Access the Paymaster policy page: Using your credentials, log in to the developer console. From there, navigate to the Gas Station Paymaster section, which allows you to manage your gas fee sponsorship policies efficiently.
- Select a policy: Choose the specific policy you want to review from the available list on the Paymaster policy page.
View sponsored transactions table: On the policy page, you will find a table view listing the transactions that have been sponsored. You also have the option to apply filters to refine the view, enabling you to focus on the relevant data that meets your specific requirements.
Updated 5 days ago